Dubai Maritime City Company main characteristics:
- Anything that floats in the seas of Dubai or any business that partakes in activities, which involve such floating vessels or water craft will need to be licensed by the DMCA.
- They issue marine crew driving permits and engineering and crewing permits.
- They issue the relevant marine craft licensing permits, depending upon the type and size of water craft.
- Additionally DMCA issue No Objection Certificates for maritime companies and establishments, including the business of floating restaurants.
- DMCA will be involved in the process if a new company wishes to establish itself in the field of shipping or maritime related industry and they are also required to issue relevant certificates for the renewal and amendments to the existing licenses of both free zone and non-free zone licenses held in the emirate of Dubai.
Information concerning Dubai Maritime City
Established in 2007, Dubai Maritime City Authority (DMCA) has been given the mandate to monitor, develop and promote maritime activities. DMCA provides regulation and guidelines to the maritime industry involving itself in infrastructure, operations and logistics services for both commercial and recreational clients.